MEET YOUR INDEPENDENT CANDIDATES FOR BCP ELECTIONS
Due to ALL’s registration coming through on the 1st of April some candidates will show as “Independent” on the ballot paper and some will show “Alliance for Local Living Independent Candidate with the ALL logo. ALL candidates have agreed to the shared values below.
We will each make up our own mind about each decision without reference to a shared dogma or ideology.
- Integrity. Decisions will be made in an open and understandable manner. Information will be made available even when we make mistakes, and everyone will have the opportunity to influence decisions.
- Positivity. We will look for solutions, involving others in the discussions, not just describe problems.
- Creativity. Use new, or borrowed, ideas from within The Alliance and the wider community to refresh what we do and how we do it.
- Respect. Understand that everyone has an equal voice and is worth listening to.
- Equality. We will value diversity and seek to ensure a balance of members both in the Leadership Team and in the candidates, we select to stand for election.
- Do No Harm. We will not make any decision that we believe will have a negative effect on our children now and for the future generations of children that follow.
We will adhere to these values by challenging ourselves and each other to:
- Avoid identifying ourselves so personally with a position that this in itself excludes constructive debate.
- Being prepared to be swayed by the arguments of others and admitting mistakes.
- Be willing and able to participate in rational debate leading to a conclusion.
- Understand the value of constructive debate.
- Accept that you win some, you lose some; it’s usually nothing personal and there’s really no point in taking defeats to heart.
- Maintain confidentially where requested and agree when it will be expected.
- Share leadership and responsibility and take time to communicate the intention of, and the approach to, the work we undertake.
- Have confidence in, and adhere to, the mechanisms and processes of decision-making that we establish, accepting that the decisions of the majority are paramount.
- Sustain an intention to involve each other and others rather than working in isolation.
- Trust and have confidence and optimism in other people’s expertise, knowledge and intentions. Talk to each other not about each other.